Here's what you have to do:
1) Post a photo of the fabulous outfits that you'd wear if you went. From thrift store ball gowns to Kambriel Couture, to the t-shirt that looks like a tuxedo, it's up to you.
2) If you don't have your fabulous outfit yet, or aren't sure you'd even like to dress up, write 200 words about your date at the orchestra it can be real or fictional, whimsical or serious, it can involve dinosaurs, or your love of Beethoven.
3) The date of the concert has not yet been chosen and will be done based on ticket availability. For that reason, you'll need to live close enough to Philly that you can reasonably plan to be here.
4) If you live outside the area but have awesome outfits or stories, post them anyway, additional people may win additional prizes that may include photos of Roswell or junk from my camera drawer.
Entries will be judged by my old high school buddy Darin Kelly who actually plays trumpet in the Philadelphia Orchestra. I should point out that his involvement is not in an official orchestra capacity and the Philadelphia Orchestra is not endorsing this (though if they're reading this and want to give out more tickets, I'll be happy to see them get to people who want them).
We've had so much fun in the three years we've been members of the Philadelphia Orchestra we really want to share the joy. If you're thinking "Wow, I should just buy tickets like I keep meaning to," you can just go to Philorch.org. I recommend it.
Contest ends Friday, June 3, 2011.
Feel free to pass this around.
* I'm defining "orchestra" here as "any professional orchestra".
Add me as a friend on LiveJournal, Add me on Facebook, Follow me on Twitter.